The German Marshall Fund of the United States is currently hiring for Communications Officer, Website and Social Media position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain the GMF website (www.gmfus.org) through Drupal. Facilitate relationship with web developers and consultants as project lead during website redesign and microsite redesign (www.brusselsforum.org).
- Develop strategy to promote GMF content through social media, website, and partnerships. Identify new and creative opportunities to promote the work of GMF Experts.
- Laisse with GMF programs and leadership to best represent publications, events, and other content generated by programs on the website.
- Record web statistics, set traffic goals, manage Google Adwords and Google Analytics.
- Monitor and promote social media assets; stimulate conversation and engage with followers of GMF social media handles, proactive social media outreach, Twitter and Facebooks ads.
- Create and execute social media strategy for GMF events and major conferences including live tweeting, livestreaming and ad buys.
- Work with and manage outside website vendors and contractors when necessary, including budgeting and priorities management.
- Oversee contract workers on website and social media projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years of experience managing websites and social media campaigns.
- Strong ability to work within a transatlantic team.
- Excellent English-language skills.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and contracts.
- Strong website editing and management skills in Drupal and WordPress. Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience in a website redesign and migration project.
- Comfort with Google Analytics and reporting to leadership teams on key metrics.
- Demonstrated background in successful social media campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Ability to assess new social media tools and weigh their benefit for GMF use.
- Experience reporting on social media campaigns using Sproutsocial or similar tool.
- Familiarity with ad buys for Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion to manage online communications for major conferences.
For more information, click here.