One of our MSPM Alumni, Raj Iyer contacted our program for an immediate need to fill a Project Management position at his company. Raj is currently working as Information Technology Project Manager at Ciber at AARP in Washington, DC.
The Project Manager position is a full-time, 8-month contract with extension potential with the same client. The current position is based in Washington DC with AARP as Client. Working at Ciber also provides opportunity to be placed at other projects in the Northern VA area or anywhere in the US. If interested, email your resume to Raj Iyer who will do the initial screening, email@example.com.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps people 50 and older improve the quality of their lives. AARP is doing amazing things to make life better for today’s 50-plus population and generations that follow. In the face of constantly changing realities, AARP is a champion for social change.
- Experience managing the implementation and/or migration of a variety of Security, Infrastructure and Operations projects in accordance with business and application requirements, security policies, and guidelines.
- Working within the team to manage the integration vendors, ensuring the requirements are met accurately and completed within scope, budget and time.
- Report the progress of the project to the program team as required.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in execution of project tasks.
- Degree: In Computer Science, Information Security, Information System, or Engineering preferred.
- Experience: 7+ years
- Certification Required : PMP certification and good communication skills
- Build tactical client relationships, specifically with client stakeholders.
- Establish close relationship with designated client management peers.
- Foster close relationships between Ciber team members and their peers/liaisons in the client organization.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities surfacing with client. Assist Sales with engaging with client early in the procurement cycle.
- Evaluate and approve the resources required for the project.
- Meet regularly with management, project teams, and functional team leaders to review status, make recommendations, and resolve problems.
- Motivate the team to implement a cohesive solution within the established scope, cost, and schedule.
- Mentor team members, both client facing and non-client facing.
- Create contractual documents such as Statements of Work that commit CIBER to delivery of products or services.
- Work with team to perform cost/benefit analysis and determine impact of proposed changes.
- Comply with the requirements of the Ciber Project Management Methodology (CPMM) as tailored to meet the requirements of the client.
- Manage/monitor deliverables and milestones as defined in the WBS/project schedule.
- Identify and communicate potential risks and mitigation plans
- Prioritize and assign tasks to team members
- Report hours worked and other costs incurred to provide data necessary for billing the client
- Manage actual costs to the planned costs.
- Address variances.
- Forecast resource usage on a weekly basis to help ensure accurate availability.
- Participate in discovery sessions with clients to determine and/or verify initial solution requirements.
- Understand the System Development Life Cycle(s) of the solution being provided to the client on the project.
- Ensure engagement quality goals are satisfied by understanding the quality goals and processes applicable to the solution being delivered.
- Plan tasks, steps, deliverables, and assign project resources to complete the work.