The GWU School of Medicine and Health Sciences is trying to bid with a partner for a USAID project by May 4th and is in an immediate need for a Senior Program Manager. Any military background or experience with USAID or international missions would be a super bonus.
*This position is contingent on contract award*
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Establishes contract management systems to track activity, quality and progress against specified tasks.
- Coordinates and tracks all deliverables requests.
- Ensures project deliverables are on time and budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Ensures full-time and part-time staffing needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Develops and implements a recruitment and retention strategy to meet staffing requirements, as well as supervises recruitment and hiring.
- Oversees staff training and development to ensure professionalism and skill enhancement.
- Oversees contract performance monitoring and documentation.
- Mitigates project risks and manages issues related to staffing, budget, and systems to ensure quality control.
- Accurately forecasts, reports, and manages project costs (budget). Effectively establishes and uses budget tracking approach and metrics that accurately track team productivity, earned value, and ROI.
- Works closely with USAID COR on project planning and setting timelines for meeting big picture program objectives.
- Maintains effective communication with the USAID COR, with timely and accurate information on project changes as relates to staffing, systems, or budget.
- Anticipates client needs and proposes appropriate solutions.
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Manages the overall business process and direction of the award.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for taking care of all the technical, administrative, and financial duties.
Experience and Skills:
Candidates must have the following requirements:
- 8-10+ years related experience in personnel/performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Human Resources, or related field such as Public Administration, Organizational Development, or Industrial Psychology. Master’s preferred.
- Must have previous experience in managing USAID programs operations.
- Demonstrated successful management and supervision of staff.
- Experience in setting up management, administrative, and financial systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office products.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previously held a secret clearance (must obtain secret clearance)*