The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Safety, Infrastructure, and Operations (NA-50) works to maintain, operate, and modernize NNSA infrastructure in a safe, secure, and cost-effective manner to enable program results. NA-50 requires a Lead Strategic Planner to support its Program Management Office. This is a full-time position.
The Lead Strategic Planner will support the following functions:
- Provides strategic planning support for the development of NA-50 planning and management guidance.
- Support of the development of the strategic infrastructure plan – the Master Asset Plan – that involves a new enterprise-wide infrastructure planning process with biennial infrastructure deep dives at each NNSA site that results in an annual, NNSA-wide Master Asset Plan. The process facilitates an understanding of the program drivers impacting the NNSA infrastructure; the current infrastructure condition, functionality, gaps, and risk; and prioritized infrastructure investments needed to close gaps and reduce risks. The Master Asset Plan is organized by capabilities, sites, major assets, and asset groups; facilitated by the comprehensive infrastructure data and analytical tools in G2 (the program management system); and directly informs NNSA programming and budgeting decisions by developing a roadmap of infrastructure investments required in the near-, mid-, and long-term to reduce mission risk.
- Applies comprehensive and intensive knowledge of NA-50 program goals, objectives, and plans to identify potential problems and propose solutions. Evaluates the impact of alternatives to accomplishing established objectives, provides analytic advice to facilitate program and project management functions and improvements of the office and leads initiatives based on that evaluation and advice.
- Develops program briefings and conducts analysis and develops findings and recommendations on program matters.
- Develops analytical charts and graphs in support of program briefings and documents.
- Conducts program data analysis and synthesizes data.
- Conducts technical report writing and editing.
- Support meeting and conference planning and logistics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3 + years strong prior project management/program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, program management or related field
- Q-clearance or ability to acquire a Q clearance
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Program Management or related field
- Prior NNSA experience
Interested and qualified individuals, please submit your resume, cover letter and compensation package requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Lead Strategic Planning in the email subject line.