Top 3 for 12 September 2017
1. Graduation Application. Degree-seeking students including MSPM students who are in their last semester in the program should apply for graduation via GWeb no later than Sunday, 1 October 2017. Students who miss the published deadline will be assessed a $35 late application fee and must use the late paper application. To apply for graduation now, follow instructions below:
- Log in to GWeb using your GWID and PIN.
- Click on the Student Records & Registration Menu tab, and select the “Student Records Information” link.
- Click on the “Apply to Graduate” link to begin your graduation application.
2. Congratulations, Natalya Bah for the successful presentation at the 2017 PM Symposium! Natalya Bah, MSPM alumna and CEO of Natalya H. Bah Consulting, presented at the 2017 PM Symposium held today, 12 September at the Sheraton Tysons Hotel in Vienna, Virginia. Her topic, “Change Management for Leaders: Preparing for an Unknown Future,” discussed techniques to help project managers understand natural reactions to change and how to increase project team member engagement. Full information of Ms. Bah’s presentation may be viewed here. Ms. Bah’s presentation was well-received and attracted at least 150 project management professionals including GW students and alumni. Despite numerous presenters attendees could choose from, Ms. Bah drew a standing room only crowd.
3. The Power of Communication Webinar. The GWPMA (student association) is hosting a webinar, “The Power of Communication” featuring Alan Zucker, CEO of Project Management Essentials. This webinar is a pilot project of the GWPMA led by Angela Knight (President) and Vugar Mammadov (Distance Student Representative-International), designed to find better ways to engage distance learners in the MSPM program and meet the needs of working professionals who want to enhance their ability to integrate complex projects, motivate people, and achieve the best results for their projects. The webinar is free and open to the public. There will be giveaways of the sixth edition of PMBOK Guide released 6 September 2017 and a GWU MSPM t-shirt. Winners will be selected from the webinar attendees! Event details are below:
- Friday 29 September 2017
- 12:00 PM EDT Duration: 1 hour and 15 Min.
- Registration link: https://business-gwu.webex.com/business-gwu/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef3d3306328d208dadd89fb609b9d27c1