Project Management Institute Washington DC (PMIWDC) Chapter is looking for a volunteer to chair the University PM Talks- Evening Meetings for the term 2017-2018. If interested, please email your application to email@example.com no later than 9/30/2017.
University PM Talks (UPMT) is a 2-hour quarterly evening meeting event, held at a University or College in the District. It begins with a 30-minute networking event in which light food (pizza) and beverages (soda/water) is served prior to the presentations. This networking event offers great opportunities to meet current PMIWDC board members and other seasoned project management professionals already established in the area.
The presentation usually consists of three 20-minute presentations, (from three different speakers), who each focus on one of the three PMI’s Talent Triangle topics (Leadership, Business & Strategy, and Technology). This is followed by a 30-minute panel discussion or Q&A afterwards, totaling 90 minutes (1.5 PDU’s) of PM content.
The University PM Talks (UPMT) series will continue to offer low cost fees to University students and feature cutting-edge speakers, light food and beverages, with great opportunities for connecting with other students and professionals interested in project management, all in a no-nonsense format designed especially for a busy PM’s midweek schedule.
Duties: Manage UPMT team and day-of volunteers, identify and vet speakers for UPMT events, oversee event logistics, coordinate with event contractor, venue and speakers, market and advertise with PMIWDC‘s Marketing Team and coordinate with PMIWDC’s Educational Alliances team. Duties include but not limited to:
- Identify and vet speakers for each quarterly event
- Speaker management – get bio, picture, abstract and presentation from speaker and post into the speaker database, order the honorarium for speaker
- Act as speaker liaison before, during and after event
- Get final registration list from PMR to use on event day
- Ensure there are enough PMIWDC brochures, swag and other giveaways
- Manage the cash box for walk-ins and deposit any monies received
- Introduce speaker and giveaway honorarium if VP not present
- Work closely with venue vendor for contract fulfillment
- Email speaker survey results and update the speaker database too.
- Work with University and Student groups to socialize events
- Work closely with Marketing and post events to Social Media
- Work closely with Educational Alliances to reserve meeting space
- Works closely with and reports status to Programs AVP
Deliverables: Identify and vet speakers & be on site for quarterly events and participate in program OA planning meetings
Desired Skill sets:
1. Current student (graduate (or undergraduate) attending a local University or College and specializing (or interested) in project management.
2. Coordination and organizational skills desired 3. Experience with Social Media and the ability to post upcoming UPMT events 4. Team player 5. Flexibility to attend the UPMT evening events (approx. 5pm to 7pm) on a quarterly basis.
Estimated time commitment by hours/week over the course of the position:
9.0 Hours/quarter – (3 hours per month)
Start date of opportunity (mm/dd/yyyy): 9/30/2017
End date of opportunity (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2018
Application open date: Now
Application close date : 9/30/2017
Number of openings: 1