Please carefully read the Job Description below, and if you would like to pursue this opportunity please email an updated MS Word version of your resume to email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Swiftwater, PA
Duration: 4 to 6+ Months of contract
- Responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned projects. Serve in the role of a Project Performance Manager.
- Coach project sponsors, project leaders, project managers, and project team members on best project management practices throughout the project lifecycle to enhance project performance.
Provide support to large-scale, complex projects that involve multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure assigned projects adhere to the project management methodology established by the company.
- Prepare project management documents.
- Create project schedules.
- Monitor the planned and actual spend of project budgets and the progress against the project schedule.
- Gather, manage, and analyze data to generate useful information and insights for stakeholders.
- Represent the project in various project governance meetings.
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status and periodically publish project status reports.
10+ years managing complex, cross-functional projects.
Extensive experience creating project schedules using MS-Project.
Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
Experience in working with stakeholders to manage their expectations and engage them to address and resolve issues.
Experience with Planisware or other project portfolio management software (e.g., Planview, CA PPM, Microsoft Project Server).
Experience working in a Project Management Office (PMO) preferred.
Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
Strong coaching and communication (verbal and written) skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly-matrixed organization effectively.
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
Ability to quickly build rapport and strong relationships with others.
Ability to establish a wide and effective peer network across the organization.
Sound business and technical acumen.
Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Outlook).