Top 3 for 30 January 2018
1- Reminder, graduation application for Spring 2018 is due on Thursday, 1 February. Students who are in their last semester in the MSPM program should apply for graduation via GWeb no later than Thursday, 1 February 2018. To begin your application, log in at GWeb, click Student Records & Registration Menu > Student Records Information > Apply to Graduate. Students who miss the published deadline will be assessed a $35 late application fee and must use the late paper application.
2- Last day to add a course using Registration Transaction Form is on Friday, 9 February. Students who are unable to register for classes must complete a Leave of Absence Request Form. Last day to drop a course on GWeb is Sunday, 11 February. Dropping from a course will incur tuition charges and/or fees. Review the registrar’s website to fully understand regulations governing student withdrawals. Questions? Schedule an advisement session with Agnes Socrates via www.meetme.so/gwmspm (include your GWID).
3- Career Expo and Job Opportunities.
Spring 2018 GWSB Career Expo
Come and meet area employers who are interested in connecting with School of Business students on Thursday, 1 February. This is your opportunity to utilize your elevator pitch and gather information on business-related internships and full-time opportunities. Register via Handshake.
CBO Seeks Summer IT & Finance Interns
- The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) seeks summer interns to join the following departments:
- IT Intern: Information Resource Management and Technology Services Unit. Application link can be found here.
- Finance/Accounting Intern: Office of Financial Management. Application link can be found here.
ConnectWise – Full Time Opportunities in Marketing
- ConnectWise is a software company committed to helping technology solution providers build, manage, and grow their businesses by increasing productivity, efficiency, and profitability. They are seeking to recruit recent or soon to be grads for the following: Partner Marketing Manager, Senior Manager, Digital Strategy.
The GW School of Business Spring 2018 Career Expo will be hosted on Thursday, February 1, 2018 from 12:30pm – 3:00pm.
Register to come and meet area employers who are interested in connecting with School of Business students. This is your opportunity to utilize your elevator pitch and gather information on business-related internships and full-time opportunities.
Don’t miss this important spring recruiting activity!
When: February 1st 2018 at 12:30 pm EST – February 1st 2018 at 3:00 pm EST
Where: Duques Hall, 2201 G St NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, United States
Please visit Handshake to join the career fair and learn more.
The F. David Fowler Career Center is pleased to announce a new event this year to help students more fully prepare for the February 1 GWSB Career Expo. We will be hosting a Career Expo Prep event, open to all GWSB students – undergraduate and graduate. The details are as follows:
When: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 from Noon to 4:30 pm
Where: Duques 5th Floor Lobby/Lounge area (between the Career Center and Graduate Programs Office)
Other details: Registration is not required, and students can stop by at their convenience.
The coaching teams will help students prepare for meeting and greeting employers to make a strong, positive impression. We will also have takeaway resources – articles, tips, and an employer list. By providing these a few days prior to the Career Expo, we are arming students with the tools they need to be face-to-face with employers. These resources, combined with our help and quick-fire coaching and consulting, will give students more confidence and a chance to make key connections.
Top 3 for 23 January 2018:
1- Graduation Application for Spring 2018. Students who are in their last semester in the MSPM program should apply for graduation via GWeb no later than Thursday, 1 February 2018. Students who miss the published deadline will be assessed a $35 late application fee and must use the late paper application. To apply for graduation now, follow instructions below:
- Log in to GWeb using your GWID and PIN.
- Click on the Student Records & Registration Menu tab, and select the “Student Records Information” link.
- Click on the “Apply to Graduate” link to begin your graduation application.
2- GWUSB Ranked #19 by US News for Best Online Graduate Business Programs. The George Washington University School of Business (GWSB) ranked #19 for Best Online Graduate Business Programs, according to the U.S. News and World Report. The rankings assess master’s-level business degrees that are not MBA programs. Ranking formula includes Student engagement (33 percent); Admissions selectivity (20 percent); Peer reputation (20 percent); Faculty credentials and training (13.5 percent); and Student services and technology (13.5 percent). GWUSB is offering two non-MBA online programs: the Master of Science in Project Management and the Master of Tourism Administration. Only three universities offering Master of Science in Project Management made it to the top 20 list, including GWUSB. Thank you to the level of support we get from our current students and alumni. You are clearly making a big difference!
3- Career Events and Job Opportunities:
CIA Info Session – 1/25
- Are you curious about how your skills can be applied to a career in the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)? Learn all about the diverse careers offered at the CIA during this info session with a CIA analyst. All majors and academic programs are invited. Register here.
Federal Resumes 101 – 1/29
- Learn how to interpret a federal job or internship posting on USAJOBS.gov, and get the scoop on how to put together a strong federal resume in this small group workshop. Ask a career coach specific questions, pick up useful handouts, and get a jump on the federal application process! Sign up here.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) Info Session – 1/23
- ADB is the leading developmental financial institution dedicated to reducing poverty and improving people’s lives in Asia and the Pacific. ADB offers exciting career opportunities for young and talented professionals including internships, fellowships, and a Young Professionals Program. The presentation will be delivered by Toshio Oya, Director General, ADB who will provide an overview of the career opportunities at ADB. Registration link can be found here.
Society of International Development DC Career Fair – 1/30
- Free Registration for First 100 Registered GW Students & GW Alumni. Students can register here, with the following promo code: GWPASS2018. After the 100, students can sign up at the Student Member rate of $15. When registering students MUST use their GW email addresses.
Tesla – Sr. Manager, Global Leadership Development – Application Deadline: 1/31
- The Global Leadership Development Sr. Manager will be a member of the Global Leadership Development team and lead the development, execution and evaluation of leadership and management development for global Sales, Service, and Delivery. Application link can be found here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. Pharmaceutical Product Marketing
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals, a global bio-pharmaceutical company, is actively recruiting for a business student (with healthcare background or interest in the healthcare industry) to join their product marketing team. Application link can be found here.
The KACIF Travel Grants are available to GW students who are participating in internships that will advance their career development and who need assistance in paying for their public transportation to and from their internship location.
This reimbursement, which cannot exceed $300.00, can be used only for necessarily unpaid internships, i.e., typically those internships with non-profit, governmental, educational, and non-governmental organizations that genuinely lack the financial resources to pay salaries or wages to their interns.
The KACIF Travel Grant was initiated in collaboration with the GW Student Association and made possible through the generous support of alumni, parents, and other donors.
Top 3 for 16 January 2018
1- Welcome back to our returning students and welcome to GW for our new MSPM students! We welcome all returning students back to the program. This is the first day of the semester and an exciting time at GWU as we continue to attract high caliber students. Get to know our new students by viewing their MSPM Bio here. You may also check out previous Bio Books under the Resources tab at www.gwprojectmanagement.org.
2- Thank you MSPM Student Orientation volunteers! The MSPM Student Orientation held last Friday, 12 January was a success. Thanks to MSPM Alumni Robert Endler and Kim Hurst as well as current MBA-MSPM student, Melody Peppard for participating in the student panel. Special thanks to Melody for bringing MSPM alumni to the networking event following the student panel: Taghreed Mahdi, Shabnam Javid, Sharon White and Durriyyah Johnson. Check out orientation photos on our Facebook page.
3- Interested in Study Away Programs? Learn more about these opportunities by attending program information sessions. Study away programs are great opportunities for students to earn general elective credit during academic breaks. International and/or experiential courses allow students to gain expertise in a specific country and sector while networking with students across the School of Business and GWSB partner institutions overseas.
Long-term Study Abroad – Take classes for a semester or module at a GWSB partner university abroad | Tuesday, January 30th 5:00 – 6:00pm | 2201 G Street NW | Funger Room 520 | Washington, DC 20052 | Refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP here.
Short-term Study Away – Take classes during GW academic breaks | Thursday, January 25th 6:00 – 7:00pm | 2201 G Street NW Duques Room 254 Washington, DC 20052 | Reception to follow
We welcome our new students to the GW community. You each bring unique experiences to the program and we are fortunate to have you all in MSPM! Check out the New Spring 2018 Bio to get to know the new students this semester!
Top 3 for 9 January 2018:
1- Spring 2018 begins on Tuesday, 16 January. Make sure you are signed up for classes listed on your DegreeMAP. Review schedule of classes and register now to secure your seat and to avoid penalty from late registration. Confirm your schedule by logging into GWeb. Courses and class schedule can be found via the Student Records & Registration Menu under Student Schedule by Date and Time tab. This site provides your official registration details.
2- Spring 2018 Textbook List. The Spring 2018 MSPM textbook list is now available! Click here to view 201801 MSPM Textbook List.
3- Networking events and Job opportunities:
2201 G Street NW, Duques Lobby, 10 AM-12:30 PM EST | Event open to public | RSVP via Handshake.
- Interested in a quest to treat and defeat cancer? Join Exelixis! At Exelixis, everyone is focused on one common goal – launching new medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and are essential to helping us realize our maximum potential. View multiple jobs available at: https://www.exelixis.com/careers/join-us/
If interested, contact MSPM student, Maria Martinez via email@example.com.
Banco Adopem Summer Internship – Application Deadline: 1/15
- Banco Adopem is seeking students who have an interest in micro-enterprise/micro-financing to join their team in Dominican Republic. Applicants who are proficient in oral and written Spanish are highly encouraged to apply. Application link can be found here.
Hilti is Hiring Recent Grad Alumni
- Hilti is seeking recent graduates interested in a career in the global construction sector for the roles listed below. Each links will take the students to the employer’s website.