Top 3 for 10 April 2018:
1- Congratulations to our 2018 award winners! Each year, MSPM students are given the chance to vote for the Outstanding MSPM Faculty. Students vote this year went to Dr. Janne Kettunen for the Outstanding MSPM Faculty award. The MSPM program selects the winners for MSPM Academic Excellence and MSPM Service Excellence from the graduating class and the winners are as follows:
Master of Science in Project Management Academic Excellence Award: Bakdaulet Turgarayev
Master of Science in Project Management Service Excellence Award: Angela Knight, Vugar Mammadov, Melody Peppard and Phebean Williams.
Congratulations Dr. Kettunen, Bakdaulet, Angela, Vugar, Melody and Phebean!
2- Thank you Melody Peppard for volunteering to be a resource speaker last Friday, 6 April. Melody Peppard, current MBA-MSPM student, successfully presented an overview of the Olympic Games planning cycle with experiences learned from her Study Abroad experience in the 2018 PyeongChang winter games. Event was attended by MSPM and MBA students, faculty and staff. Presentation was followed by an MBA-MSPM networking reception at Rosa Mexicano. Check out photos on our facebook page.
3- Upcoming Events, Networking and Job Opportunities.
Below are events sponsored by the GWU MSPM Program. Registration is FREE for students:
PM University Talks featuring Alan Zucker, PMP (CEO, Project Management Essentials);Chris Girolamo, PMP (Vice President, Software and Systems Engineering Group STG, Inc.); and David S. Maurer, PMP (Ret. Lieutenant Colonel, USA)
University PM Talks offer certified PMPs 1.5 Professional Development Units (PDUs) in the following categories:
- Technical Project Management (0.5)
- Leadership (0.5)
- Strategic and Business Management (0.5)
Thursday, 19 April 2018, 5:30pm – 7:30pm | George Washington University
2201 G Street NW Washington Duques Room 453, DC, 20052 | Register Here!
PMIWDC Washington Circle Luncheon: Training from the BACK of the Room! 6 Trumps to Shift Your Teaching Stance featuring Kim Braindard (Trainer/Founder of Agile Brain)
Wednesday, 25 April 2018 | 11:30am networking, 12 – 1:00pm presentation | 2201 G Street NW Room: 453 Washington, District of Columbia 20052 | Register Here
Below are networking and job opportunities we received this week:
United Nations Association of the National Capital Area Young Professional’s Career Dinner series | 14 April 2018 | Registration information can be found at UNANCA’s website!
- This signature event is an opportunity for students and young professionals to discuss global career paths and network with experienced professionals in their fields of interest. The Spring 2018 Dinner Series will kick off with a networking reception where participants and speakers will have the chance to meet and swap business cards. This Spring’s keynote speaker is Sanam Anderlini, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the International Civil Society Action Network.
BroadBranch Advisors – Strategy Consultant (Available Immediately)
- BroadBranch Advisors, a D.C based strategic advisory firm, is seeking an outgoing and dynamic individual to join their team. Ideal candidates will have a BA or MBA with zero to five years of business experience. More details can be found here.
BNY Mellon is Seeking a Sr. Representative in Mutual Fund/Client Accounting!
- The person in this role will serve as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a small- to medium-sized fund accounting support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters. Apply here.
Summer Analyst and Marketing Interns Needed at K Squared (K2)!