Top 3 for 8 May 2018:
1- Registration now open for the GWPMA-sponsored webinar: Developing Emotional Intelligence by Alan Zucker, CEO of Project Management Essentials. Event is free and open to the public. Tuesday, 15 May 2018 | 12:00-1:30PM | Register now.
About the event. “Developing Emotional Intelligence” is the second installment in the webinar series sponsored by the GW Project Management Association for GWU’s Masters of Project Management program. In his first presentation “The Power of Communication,” Alan Zucker presented several important models and best practices for effective project communication. In this webinar, Mr. Zucker dives into the topic of emotional intelligence. The ability to effectively handle and understand people was cited as an important characteristic for successful project managers. Individuals and teams with high EI are both more productive and more likely to be successful. Webinar participants will have the opportunity to measure their own emotional intelligence using an assessment developed for the Harvard Business Review.
2- Earn Professional Development Unit (PDU) by attending the PMIWDC Washingon Circle Luncheon. This month’s luncheon will feature “How to Ease Fear of Organizational Change” by Dr. Saya Sone (Professor and Agile Coach, Computer Information Science Virginia International University). Event is free, attendees will earn 1.0 PDU in Strategic and Business Management talent triangle. Wednesday, 30 May 2018 | 11:30AM – 1:00PM | Register here.
About the event. When organizations are ready to adopt Agile at the enterprise level, people are resistant to organizational changes and have a fear of change due to loss. The organizational change could not take effect if management ignores people’s fear of change. The workshop uses Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) to help audience recognize signs of fear and understand what caused the fear. In addition, the workshop will practice how to use both self-actualization and NLP Logical Levels of Change methods to deal with the fear due to changes.
3- Job Opportunities.
Immediate Need for an Accounting Associate at the Center for Civilians in Conflict – Application Deadline – 5/11
- The Center for Civilians in Conflict is looking to hire a full-time Accounting Associate. The Associate will support all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting. Apply here.
EXIM Bank Summer Internship Opportunity – Application Deadline: 5/18
- EXIM’s Office of Policy Analysis and International Relations (OPAIR) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic student intern for Summer 2018. This unpaid internship offers an opportunity for students to learn about export finance and development finance, both in the United States and abroad. Check out application details here.
Weber Shandwick is Seeking an Account Director
- This position was shared by an alumn. Her firm is seeking an Account Director to power a portfolio of work at the intersection of Corporate Communications and Social Impact. The ideal person knows how to build engagement strategies for purpose-driven brands and leverage the power of creative and integrated communications to drive business and social impact. Apply here.
U.S Department of Defense OIG is Hiring Auditors!
- The Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) seeks high-caliber Auditors from GW to join their team. Applicants with at least 2 years of audit experience can apply here.
Cyber-security Analyst Available Role at CBO
- CBO’s Budget Analysis Division seeks a cyber-security analyst in its Defense, International Affairs, and Veterans’ Affairs Cost Estimates Unit. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance. Learn more and apply here.