Top 3 for 5 February 2019:
- Last Day to Drop Course. Reminder, last day to drop a course via GWeb is Sunday, February 10 at 10:00 PM. Dropping from courses after the first day of the semester will incur charges on your student account so please review withdrawals and refund information via the registrar’s website prior to dropping your courses. Consult your academic advisor if needed.
- University Commencement. The 2019 commencement schedule is now available on the University Commencement website. The 2019 GWSB Doctoral and Masters Celebration is scheduled on Friday,17 May. The University commencement at the National Mall is scheduled on Sunday, 19 May. Graduating students should also check out the GWSB schedule to learn more about GWSB-specific and university-wide activities during the commencement week.
- GW Career Quest Boston & NYC. Career Quest offers GW students an exclusive opportunity to gain an up-close and personal experience with leading organizations in major cities, including New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago and Los Angeles, and now Boston! The program provides students with an opportunity to:
- Hone their informational interviewing and networking skills with employers.
- Learn how an organization works and about their job and internship opportunities.
- Hear from employers about their professional journeys and the pathways they followed to career success.
- Connect with GW alumni in major metropolitan areas.
- Explore and experience the culture and pulse of exciting cities
GW Career Quest is open to sophomores, juniors and graduate students. Application submissions accepted beginning at noon on Monday, January 28 and close at noon on Monday, February 11. Apply here!
- CIA Information Session. Come learn more about the CIA, our opportunities and the life of an Intelligence Officer. We are interested in engaging with all majors, undergrads and graduate students. The infomration session will be on Thursday, February 7th 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST. Check out our website, cia.gov, before you come and bring your questions to the session. Please make sure you register in Handshake.
3. Job Opportunity for Senior Business Analyst Position! The Finance team at Ocean Spray is currently looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to the Operations team. The position is located at our Corporate Office in Lakeville, MA.
Provides financial support, management reports and analysis to the regional/product line management team to assist in decision making.
Generates monthly financial statements and month end variance analysis. Coordinates with accounting, central FP&A and/or regional partners on financial, cost and accounting issues. Identifies and recommends solutions to problems.
Provide training and direction to junior and intermediate level financial analysis staff which may include input to employment decisions, performance management, development, etc.
Supports the management team in the development of the annual operating plan and monthly financial forecasts by providing data and analysis.
Analysis of new and existing business opportunities for financial justification to support business unit management decision making.
BA/BS in finance/accounting/economics or MBA is required, 5+ years of work experience.
Excellent analytical skills along with strong knowledge of Excel and financial modeling, systems application experience on SAP, Vena and Hyperion Essbase is a plus.