Application Deadline: Sunday, February 28
Courses must be approved by your MSPM advisor to be applied to the MSPM degree via the general elective requirements.
Short-Term Study Away Courses:
- Brazil “Behind the Scenes at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro” [3 credits]
- California “A Journey Through the Sharing Economy: Customer Experience Fieldwork in San Francisco” [3 credits]
- Denmark “International Summer University Program” Short-term Exchange with Copenhagen Business School [6 credits]
- England “Business and the State: Privatization and Public-Private Partnerships” [6 credits]
- France “Globalizing Europe” Short-term Exchange with EDHEC Business School [3-6 credits]
- France “The Global Manager in Europe” Short-term Exchange with ESSEC Business School [3 credits]
- Germany “Successful Leadership in Europe” Short-term Exchange with European Business School [3 credits]
- Israel “ Entrepreneurship and Innovation: The Israeli Model” Short-term Exchange with Tel Aviv University [3 credits]
- Mexico “Sustainable Tourism and Adventure Tourism Development in Chiapas” [6 credits]
- New York/New Jersey “Global Social Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice” [3 credits]
- Singapore “The global Manager in Asia or Corporate Finance” [6 credits]
- Sweden “Healthcare and Marketing Strategy: The Swedish Experience” [4.5 credits]
The leading free trade agreement in procurement, the World Trade Organization (WTO) Government Procurement Agreement (GPA), is missing the BRICS: the world’s most important developing economies, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, have all failed to join. GW Law hosted this open colloquium, where a panel of senior procurement experts from Brazil, joined by senior members of the U.S. trade and procurement communities, explored the key hurdles to be met in bringing Brazil and the other BRICS into the GPA.
Program materials available online.
Link to video of colloquium.
- The GPA accession process — how the WTO views it, and how potential new entrants see it
- Political and economic challenges for Brazil and other developing nations in preparing to join the GPA
- The road to harmonization in procurement rules, between Brazil and the world
- Addressing Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) preferences
- “Buy Brazilian” — unique problems raised by domestic preferences
Panelists and Moderators
- Alecia Bicalho, Motta & Bicalho
- Augusto Dal Pozzo, Dal Pozzo Advogados
- Cesar Pereira, Justen, Pereira, Oliveira & Talamini
- Maurício Ribeiro, Portugal Ribeiro Advogados
- Jean Heilman Grier , Principal Trade Consultant, Djaghe, LLC
- Johannes Schnitzer, SchnitzerLaw, Vienna
- Robert Anderson, World Trade Organization
- Daniel I. Gordon, Steven L. Schooner, Joshua Schwartz, Jessica Tillipman, and Christopher R. Yukins, The George Washington University Law School
MSPM: In the Know
Dear MSPM students,
The top 3 items you need to know this week:
Religious Observances and Holidays
GW’s policy regarding accommodations for religious holidays may be found on the Office of the Provost website. This is a reminder that students must notify faculty during the first week of the semester of their intention to be absent from class on their day(s) of religious observance. The spring semester begins the week of January 13, 2014.
Spring 2014 Scholarships, 16 Dec Deadline
This will serve as the final reminder to apply for the scholarships available to current MSPM students in the spring 2014 semester. The program will award a total of four scholarships, each in the amount of $3,596.25. Applications are due on or before 11:59pm EST Monday, December 16, 2013. Full details and the scholarship applications are available on www.gwprojectmanagement.org.
Summer Short-Term Study Abroad Programs
Interested in studying abroad during the summer 2014 term? The listing of short-term study abroad programs has been released by the GWSB Global & Experiential Education team. Of particular note for MSPM students are two programs:
The study abroad programs offer a unique opportunity to fulfill your general elective requirement for the MSPM program. Short-term study abroad program courses must be approved by the MSPM director prior to enrollment. Schedule an advisement session with me to discuss in further detail. Application deadlines vary by course/program, visit the website for details. The Global & Experiential Education team is also available to answer questions on the programs. They may be reached at 202-994-1212 or email@example.com.
UUX is a new corporation that will enable operators to provide the Ultimate User eXperience over mobile and fixed networks.
UUX provides network operators with the ultimate Internet-TV-as-a-Service (iTaaS) platform.
The UUX iTaaS platform is delivered with the philosophy that initial user engagement with video often begins outside of the living room on one or more connected devices. With its unique smart phone-based user interface, iTaaS enables a new approach to discovery, control, consumption and monetization of Live and Catch-Up television and Video-on-Demand content across all Internet connected devices and screens.
UUX is looking for two project managers to run projects partnering with local cellular operators in developing countries to provide access to the UUX iTaas platform. The positions are based in Miami, FL with opportunities to also be in São Paulo, Brazil. Prefer those who have experience with mobile carriers, application development, and content delivery. An individual comfortable in a start-up environment is key. International travel is required and knowledge of a foreign language is a plus.
Contact Michael Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and apply.