Atlas Corps Scholars’ Global Leadership Labs
Deadline for application: August 14
YNPNdc and Atlas Corps are excited to offer scholarships and registration discounts to YNPNdc members for the Global Leadership Lab.
A four-day leadership development program held three times a year, the Global Leadership Lab is tailored to international emerging leaders in the nonprofit sector. This program teaches new skills and hones existing skills to create a strong foundation for effective leadership. A variety of comprehensive topics and renowned guest speakers will educate and motivate emerging leaders to reach their full potential and become compelling forces for social change.
Why should you apply?
- Access to network of Global Changemakers with a wide variety of backgrounds and expertise.
- Access to cutting edge non-profit management curriculum custom-made for development professionals by Atlas Corps & Deloitte consulting.
- Access to other learning opportunities either through long distance learning or webinars.
- Invitation to take ownership and help improve the Scholars Program based on your experience.
- A certificate of completion will be issued to the scholars after completion of the four-day training modules.
Dates, Pricing, Workshop Details, and How to Apply
Scholars participate in 4-day immersions side-by-side with Atlas Corps Fellows from over 70 countries. Past speakers have included Brian Gallagher, CEO of United Way, Kathy Calvin, CEO of the UN Foundation, and Carrie Radelet, Director of the Peace Corps. Topics include:
- Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship (September 21-24, 2015)
- Project and Financial Management (January 25-28, 2016)
- Marketing and Communications (May 23-26, 2016)
The tuition for each training is normally $900 for one immersion (four full days) or $2,400 for three immersions (12 full days). However, YNPN members will receive a 33% discount and can attend one four-day immersion for only $600 and all three immersions (12 days) for only $1,600.
Additionally, the first two members to apply will be eligible for 50% scholarships!
Applications for the September Immersion are due August 14. For more information email Harriet Kezaabu at firstname.lastname@example.org, or take a look at the program’s flyer.
Led by experienced development professional Kathryn Greenberg, KG Consulting is a full-service development consulting firm dedicated to providing strategic fundraising guidance and positioning to progressive institutions. This position provides an excellent opportunity to learn all facets of fundraising, and to interact with many excellent non-profit and advocacy organizations. The firm’s primary focus areas include development strategy, coaching, prospecting, project management/events, and marketing for successful fundraising.
Please see our website for more information: www.kgconsulting.us. Information on position shared by a GW alum who was previously in the position. She described the position as a flexible position for anyone looking to gain experience in development/nonprofit management in general.
Project Coordinator Position, KG Consulting
The program just learned of this scholarship opportunity from the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development. Application deadline is September 5, 2014. Scholarship eligibility criteria is below with full details online:
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Must be majoring in a business related field
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Must be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
- If selected, candidate must be able to attend the NCAIED Scholarship Awards Luncheon
Students should submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Official State or Federal Tribal enrollment document
- Personal Essay on the following (250 min-350 max words per category):
- Personal challenges you overcame in pursuit of higher education
- Community involvement
- Reason for pursuing higher education in business
- Business Related Experience (Paid or Volunteer)
- Plans following completion of degree program
- Activities and commitment to community to be considered
- Official Transcripts (sealed and signed)
- Official Letter of Admission/Enrollment for 2014-2015 academic year
- Copy of class schedule for Fall semester
REI Systems, based in Herndon, VA, is looking for a candidate with 8-10 years of professional and proven team building experience leading and managing a project portfolio focused on IT systems development. Fully responsible for project from planning to closeout.
• Assumes accountability for finances, solutions, team building, processes, quality, employee and customer satisfaction for multiple projects within a project portfolio (Goal – $2M or 20 people).
• Fully understands and executes projects using Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Provides hands-on contribution to project delivery in at least ONE area of SDLC (solution development/requirements, design/development, or quality control/assurance).
• Fully understands and executes projects using Enterprise Project Life Cycle (EPLC).
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, physics, communications, engineering, math or related field is required.
• An advanced degree in communications, computer science, or related discipline may be substituted for two years of experience.
Apply online via https://www.reisystems.com/Careers/Pages/jobdetail.aspx?s=true&jobID=1195.
Results Direct is seeking a seasoned project manager to join us in our Old Town, Alexandria office. Results Direct is an industry-leading Web and mobile solutions company specializing in working with associations.
Results Direct project managers are responsible for successfully managing multiple Web site, mobile, and/or related projects that involve application design and development. PMs work closely with both client and internal teams by handling the day-to-day management and communications on projects and ensuring that they stay on schedule and on budget. PMs manage projects throughout the full engagement cycle, including kickoff, discovery, creative development, implementation, evaluation, and follow-up.
To start, please introduce yourself by sending your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to us at: JoinRD@resultsdirect.com. The full job posting may be found online.
The Project Lead is the primary client facing resource on Synaptic’s software development team. You will be responsible for software product delivery, budget management and scheduling. The Project Lead is expected to thoroughly understand Synaptic’s development methodology and be able to effectively communicate the process to the client. The Project Lead is also expected to be knowledgeable about the Salesforce environment (understanding capabilities and limitations) and actively participate in the solution development.
Visit Synaptic’s website for a full description and to apply.