Top 3 for 13 February 2018
1- Summer 2018 Registration opens 1 March. Registration for the 2018 Summer Sessions will open on Thursday, 1 March. Continuing students may register for classes on GWeb. Summer is the perfect time to fulfill your electives. View list of course offerings via the registrar’s website. Questions about registration? Schedule an appointment with Agnes Socrates via www.meetme.so/gwmspm and include your GWid.
2- Welcome 2018 GWPMA Board. We welcome the new GWPMA Board for 2018 who will lead the MSPM student body and organize events such as luncheons, volunteer fairs and university talks through Spring 2019. Congratulations to the new members, namely:
- President: Douglas Robertson
- Vice President, Strategic Relations: Ishai Trani
We thank the 2017 Board Members: Angela Knight (President), Phebean Williams (VP Strategic Relations) and Vugar Mammadov (Distance Student Representative, International) for their leadership and service during the last term. Read more.
3- MSPM Student Bob Estes shares first CERES light images. Robert (Bob) Estes, MSPM student and NASA’s Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System (CERES) Deputy Project Manager, Flight Projects Directorate proudly announced that the CERES is working! Bob shared images of the first light observed by the CERES FM6 instrument on orbit. The CERES instrument was one of the five that launched 18 November 2017 aboard the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1). After reaching the polar orbit, the satellite became NOAA-20. Both CERES and JPSS-1 are perfect examples of applicability of project management discipline in scientific discoveries. Read more.
MSPM is very fortunate to hear success stories such as this one from our student body. If you have anything similar to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 3 for 31 October 2017:
1- Congratulations MSPM alumni, Lawrence Maina, Rahul Rathod, and current student, Angela Knight for having been selected to participate in the PMP Mega Exam Development Workshop hosted by Project Management Institute (PMI). Workshop will be held on 3-5 November 2017 at Ritz Carlton hotel in Pentagon City, Virginia. Lawrence, Rahul and Angela will join selected volunteers from all over the world. They are tasked to review, edit, and/or write items (questions) that may be used in future PMI credential examinations. Congratulations for being a part of this huge endeavor and we thank you for contributing back to the Project Management profession!
2- Welcome New GWPMA Board Members! The current GWPMA Board under the leadership of Angela Knight received nominations for Board positions and casted their votes last week. Congratulations to Douglas Robertson, GWPMA President elect, and Ishai Trani, Vice President elect. Douglas and Ishai will be working with the current Board effective November 2017 to transition to the next term which begins March 2018. Congratulations and welcome to you both!
3- Events Roundup:
Women in Global Careers Roundtable – 11/1
- Round table discussion with women executives from a range of industries and backgrounds. Tickets are $15, which includes dinner, drinks and the round table discussion. For additional details, click here.
GW Energy Conference – 11/3
- Participants will get to hear from and meet with senior executives from U.S Chamber of Commerce’s Global Energy Institute, SIGMA, AES, Rocky Mountain Institute, and T-Mobile. Participants may also submit their resume to be forwarded to industry professionals by 11/2. Register here.
Presidential Management Fellows Program – Deadline 11/1 at 12PM EST
- This is a rigorous, two-year paid fellowship includes challenging assignments, developmental assignments, and networking opportunities. Finalists appointed as PMFs are hired by Federal Agencies and engage in solving domestic and/or international issues in areas. Students can apply here. Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Kaiser Permanente Graduate Internship in Quality & Operations Support
Summer 2018 paid internship, which would be ideal for Healthcare MBA students or MSPM students with an interest in Healthcare. The Quality & Operations Support team is part of the internal consulting and analytical group, supporting over 8500 physicians. Application details can be found here. Not eligible for visa sponsorship.