Top 3 for 13 March 2018:
1- MSPM is offering two free registrations to the Spring 2018 PMP Review Course. The course dates are tentatively scheduled from 21-22 April; and 28-29 April, 2018 from 8:30am- 4:00pm, two consecutive weekends. Course valued at $995. Those wishing to attend the classes should already have a background in project management fundamentals. The course will serve as a review for experienced project managers preparing for the PMP Exam. Continental breakfast, beverages and lunch will be provided each day. If interested, submit the following to email@example.com by 5 p.m. EST on 15 March 2018:
- Name, GWid, and Contact Info
- PMI Membership Number and Chapter Affiliation
- 300 Word Statement as to Why You Should Receive Free Registration
2- 2018 Outstanding MSPM Faculty Award. There is still time to nominate your favorite faculty for an award! The annual Outstanding Master of Science in Project Management Faculty Award recognizes an MSPM faculty member for his/her contributions to graduate education in project management. As posted on the newsletter last week, deadline for voting is on 15 March 2018. Link for voting was sent last Tuesday, 6 March. Please vote, if you haven’t done so. We thank those who already sent their votes and comments!
3- Networking and job opportunities. Each week the MSPM program is receiving requests to post information about jobs and networking opportunities. Below is a list of opportunities:
- CIA Info Session – 19 March
Join us for an in-depth look into what modernization means for a new officer within the intelligence community, get tips on the application process, and learn more about internships and full-time opportunities. In addition to learning more from our designated Employer-In-Residence, you will also have the opportunity to hear about specific opportunities within the directorates.
- Jane Street Networking Dinner – 20 March
Jane Street is hosting a dinner in DC on March 20th for students to learn a bit more about the firm and specifically about two full-time roles they are currently recruiting for: : Trading Desk Operations and our Infrastructure Rotational Program. Students of all backgrounds are encouraged to attend this dinner; they don’t need experience in finance to work at Jane Street but they are highly interested in students with quantitative backgrounds. Attendees will be confirmed on Monday, March 19. Register here.
- Smarter Faster Revolution – 21 March
Students still seeking are invited to attend this event at Howard University to learn how to prepare for summer internships and spring hiring. There will be an optional recruiting session with JP Morgan Chase & Co. and Axios, followed by a conversation on jobs of the future. Register here.
JP Morgan & Co. – 2018 Markets Full-Time Analyst Program
- Students will be joining the Sales and Trading teams in New York, where they will gain a deep understanding of their financial products, valuation methods, client needs, and market influences. Program is open to undergraduate seniors or Masters in Finance students with a December 2017 or Spring 2018 graduation date. Application link can be found here.
Partners of the Americas – Hiring Now for their DC Office!
- Partners of the Americas is recruiting for the Finance & Accounting Traineeship Program. This traineeship is paid and the compensation rate will be determined based on prior experience and education. Application link can be found here.