MSPM students are encouraged to apply for the J. W. Saxe Memorial Prize for Public Service.
Applicants satisfying the following criteria will be considered:
- undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited US college or university (including students who would be utilizing funds immediately after graduation);
- seeking support for an internship or project in public service — domestic or international;
- demonstrated commitment to public service — past, present and/or future;
- financial need will be taken into consideration.
To apply, you must submit the following materials to email@example.com in order to be eligible for consideration:
- a resume;
- an essay of no more than 1,000 words which describes the proposed internship or project, how this experience will help you reach your goals, and why funding is necessary and how it will be utilized;
- two letters of reference, one from a faculty member and one from someone who can attest to your commitment to public service. (Letters should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the applicant’s name in the subject line.)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Applications are accepted and funding is distributed on a rolling basis. Students seeking funding for the summer should apply no later than April 1.